Sneijder reveals United talks
Inter Milan’s Wesley Sneijder has revealed there have been ‘unofficial talks’ between his club and Manchester United.
The 27-year-old midfielder has a contract until the summer of 2015 with Inter, but the Serie A club are reportedly ready to sell if a 40-million euro bid comes in.
When asked whether he would be open to a move to United, Sneijder said that a formal offer had not yet been made but revealed the clubs had been in touch over a transfer.
“Manchester United haven’t made a formal approach as such. There’s a chance that there have been unofficial talks though,” revealed Sneijder to Dutch website NOS.
“There’s always contact. I don’t know whether I’m interested in leaving the club. If something crosses my path, I have enough time to take a decision about it.”
Sneijder said there was a good chance that he will stay at the 2011 Copa Italia winners, but added that much of his future was down to Inter.
“I am an Inter player now and the chance that I will still be with Inter on August 31 is pretty big. There’s also a chance that I will leave the club though,” he said.
“That doesn’t really have anything to do with me, but is down to Inter. They have been pretty clear that they will have to let go of me if a good offer comes in. They don’t want me to leave, but there’s a chance that they will sell me if the price is right.”
Sneijder’s comments come only days after admitted that Inter could be forced to cash in on him in order to solve their difficult financial situation.
Wed 10 August, 2011